The purpose of Leadership Development is to expand the capacity of individuals to perform leadership roles within organisations.
In our view leaders must
- Be able to build a compelling vision
- Facilitate the execution of the company’s strategy
- Initiate, drive and lead change
- Be decisive and build alignment
- Win hearts and minds
- Demonstrate commercially sound judgement
- Grow the capability of others
Companies seem to agree that much of what passes for ‘leadership development’ isn’t working!
Evidence from respected sources (e.g. Harvard Business Review) suggests:
- One in three employees do not trust their employer
- Companies are lavishing £bns on ‘leadership development’
- The cost of a customised leadership development programme from a top business school can be in excess of six figures!
“Elekta has an ambitious business agenda that will stretch our leadership capability, so it’s been excellent to have an organisation constantly driving us on the journey we said that we wanted to travel.”
Peter Randall, Elekta
Key to success, in leadership development:
Morgan Clarke runs innovative, high value, experiential, modular programmes, rooted in the client’s business context, which show functional managers and emerging leaders how to step-up to the next level – or significantly increase leadership capability in their current role.